 CAD / 13629
13628  |  13630
Subject:
Proposed new colour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:23:27 GMT

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been brought up before so sorry if it has.

When looking at one of my renders today Ross Crawford commented that the tracks were to reflective. We worked out that this is because they use the chrome color (383) to define the metal whereas in real life it is brushed steel which has a different colour and reflectivity.

As such I propose that a new colour should be created for brushed steel for use in tracks, train wheels etc. I did some looking and think that color 446 could be a good candidate as it will look closeish in MLCad and is currently unused.

What does everyone think?

Tim

PS. After a little searching and tweaking I managed to get a material in povray which Ross and I think matches real life a lot better. I’ve added some pictures below of the current and new tracks.

NEW

OLD