 CAD / 13456
  OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)

Well, I think I've tried to explain what I need to do 3-4 times already, which is where I think the language barriers have played a pretty big role... The reason I tried to cook the problem down, is to reduce confusion, but I guess that was a bad (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)

(...) I think my interpratation from the last time was halfway there and this explains it much better so we're definitely getting somewhere faster now :). You should be able to use the formula I gave in the last reply instead of an XYZ+angle in (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)  [DAT]

(...) Take the edge line: 1 2 -30 4 10 -3.69552 0 -1.53073 0 1 0 1.53073 0 -3.69552 1-4edge.dat Put it in a separate subfile. Include that subfile with no rotation matrix. Now apply a new MLCad rotation to the subfile. Finally inline the subfile to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)

(...) Actually, what you need to do is *skew* the 1-4edge. Literally deform it, so it stretches along the edge of the stud3 cylinder. If you turn it, it will no longer intersect the surface of the cylinder -- the edge will disappear inside the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)