 CAD / 13183
Re: Small insight into LEGO CAD system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
While at Brickfest, I met Dave Bird, a technic designer for LEGO.  He is a very
nice guy, and a pleasure to spend time with.

We talked about many things, but one that really got my attention was talking a
bit about CAD.

Dave wondered shy we had our own CAD system.  I told him it was because we
assumed that LEGO would not allow us to use theirs.

I talked to him about LDraw, MLCad, LPub and LSynth for starters.  I mentioned
how LSynth works by describing constraints, ans synthesizing the final bendable
part.  For hoses and cables, he just nodded his head, but when I talked about
chains flowing around gears, and rubber bands flowing around pullyes, I got a
big reaction.

I guess we're one up on LEGO CAD in the chains area!

Kevin

I think we're about 2000 up on them ;-).

Tim