 CAD / 1312
Re: Hoth Battle Scene
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:24:14 GMT

I've got it all done. The syntax error I was having with Ldlite 1.6 I
don't have with 1.5. The scene doesn't look too bad in Ldlite, but it
looks great in pov-ray(it better considering it took and hour to render
an 800 x 600 image.) I can relaese the three .dat files of the model
after Terry releases the next update because it uses the
backpack(assuming it made it past inspection)on the Hoth troopers.

Ryan
"Build or build not, there is no try." - Lego Master Yoda

Scott wrote:

The Hoth Battle scene that I'm working on will be pov-rayed. I don't
know alot about POVRAY so what I did for snow was to just make a base
out of bricks. Also the minifigs and vehicles (don't worry Bram, full
credit will be given to you and Jaco) have laser bolts coming from the
weaponry. All I did to make the blaster bolts was to make a rod and add
it to the model in a transperent color. By the time I am done I will
have a Snowspeeder, AT-ST (I just watched that part of the movie and
there are two clips of it. The second is just after Luke blows up the
AT-AT.), Taun-Taun, a turret gun and the one by Lego(from the picture),
Han(I know, He wasn't in the battle but it adds to the scene, Luke with
lightsaber in Hoth gear(I know, I know), @10 Hoth troopers, @12
stroopers(2 or 3 dead:)), and oh, yea, the power generator. Also since I
don't have a web page yet could someone maybe put it up for a short
period of time(a week maybe) so people can see my first major
Accomplishment??

Ryan