 CAD / 13116
Re: Need some help with Mlcad and Pov
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:32:25 GMT

   --SNIP--

Oh THANK YOU! That was it! I don’t remember seeing that in the tutorials that I was going through, but that was it. Thank you so much.

OK, now that I’ve got that part down, my next question has to do with creating and rendering stickers. How can you create a sticker to put on bricks? Is there a way you can just map the image on the brick in POV?

Hi,

With reference to stickers, if you have Linux or Unix or feel up for a challenge, you can use my img2sticker program as mentioned here http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13017. There is also an older program called ‘bmp2dat’ (I think) which a search on the LDraw site should turn up. If you have a little patience, I am probably within a week of finishing a more up to date and versatile version of img2sticker but I wouldn’t hold me to it.

Another way is to insert an extra .ldr file to your .mpd consisting of just one quad of the dimensions you would like your sticker to have. You can then edit the .pov file and put an imagemap of the sticker over the top of the quad. Not the easiest of solutions but it should work.

Hope this helps.

Yours,

Tim