 CAD / 13000
    Powertools Help —Vineet Honkan
   I need help. I have the MLCad software Powertools program set up on my Desktop, but shen I put the program on my laptop, it just gives a small dialogue box saying basically that the file can't be found. Is the Powertools program not set for a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Powertools Help —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Hi Vineet, I was one of the authors of "LEGO Power Tools". I'll do my best to help you. I assume when you say "MLCad software Powertools" program, you really mean the Powertools install program that came with your "Powertools" book. It is (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Powertools Help —Vineet Honkan
   I am not very computer savvy, so you'll need to walk me through this. In the beginning, when I'm downloading LDraw, I type in C:\ldraw027.exe -y. What does the 'y' stand for? Thanks. (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Powertools Help —Travis Cobbs
   (...) If you don't include the -y, the installer will ask you a bunch of yes/no questions during installation. If you already have a C:\ldraw directory, it will ask you if you want to replace each and every file already there (and that's going to be (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Powertools Help —Vineet Honkan
   That's the problem. I'm trying to open the site C:\ldraw.027.exe -y, but the computer is refusing to accept. I tried both, using the -y, and then again just typing the .exe. Each time it failed to open, saying that the file could not be found. Am I (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Powertools Help —Vineet Honkan
   (...) For those of us who are not computer savvy, is there a newer version of the Powertools software out there for sale? (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Powertools Help —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Vineet, Ahui, of LDraw help desk fame has an all in one installer that is much better than the out of date Powertools stuff. Check Ldraw.org to see if you can find it. Kevin (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Powertools Help —Don Heyse
   (...) I don't know about a newer version of powertools, but for the unsavvy there is the Ldraw All-In-One installer. (URL) think it may have more recent stuff than the powertools book. Enjoy, Don (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)