 CAD / 12874
Re: Restrict pars to LEGO set in MLCad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:14:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John O'Keefe wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
John wrote:

If anyone has any suggestions on how to achieve any of the above
please let me know.

My LDList program (search for LDRAW parts) has the beginnings of this
functionality, you can load a set list and only see the parts in that set,
and the number of parts remaining, but it does not keep tab of different
colours.

Unfortunately MLCad doesn't support Drag&Drop from LDList, so the best you
can do is like this:

Get LDList (http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/ldlist.htm)

Create a set list for your set (xyz.set). A set list is just a text file
with one line for each part:

10 3001
5 3002

Start LDList and load the set. Now you will only see the parts from the set,
and the number available.

Start building in MLCad, but remember that each time you fetch a new part,
you should also go to LDList and drag the same part from the text list to
the graphical view (of LDList). The count will go down.

I have never finished this part of LDList as no other program author was
interested in implementing parts Drag&Drop in their end (maybe Steve Bliss'
editor did, I don't really remember (actually, I don't even remember the
name of his editor, was it LDAO?)).

Not very much help to you, but at least a step in the right direction...

Anders thank you so much for your suggestion. It may not get me all
the way but it is a big leap from where I am currently at. :-)

Is LDRAW or MLCad open source? If it is I may look into trying to add the
functionality to the program if it is not too far over my head. If it is not
open source is there a place I can email or post for suggested features for
latter builds? Hopefully someone will add this kind of functionality.

I'm not exactly sure what's happened to Anders' memory, but ldglite
has included support for Drag&Drop from ldlist for years now.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=8672

You can drag the parts into ldglite and save the file for use in mlcad.

Or you might be able to paste a set listing from peron into ldglite,
if they haven't changed the web page format too much since I coded that
one.  And while it's not mlcad, it is open source, so you can add
whatever features you want.

  http://ldglite.sf.net

Have fun,

Don