 CAD / 1187
Re: SpiderWalker v0.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:52:54 GMT

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:11:06 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

Unfortunately, ROTATE and TRANSLATE are LDLite-only.  So you can't use
LDraw/LEdit on models with ROTATE or TRANSLATE commands.

I totally love LDLITE -- and can't do any modeling without it -- but I don't
think I'm ready to give up the ability to edit with LEdit.

Well, ROTATE and TRANSLATE are more geared toward text-editing of models
(ie, they're less cryptic), so giving up LEdit doesn't hurt so much.

You can do an edit/view session with LDLite and a text editor by
starting LDLite with a -P command-line parameter.  This causes LDLite to
check the timestamp on the model file every couple of seconds, and
re-render if it has changed.  Then open your DAT file in any text
editor, hack away, and do a File | Save to view your changes.

Or you can download LDAO, and use the Modeller (similar to LEdit) and/or
Editor to work on files.  Both of these work with LDLite.

- Replace old-style minifig placeholder with a real BT1 minifig someday.

That's pretty straightforward -- replace each of occurrance of 9326.dat
with 9326p52.dat.

d'Oh!!!  There -is- a 9326p52.dat on my system, in my c:\ldraw\parts\
directory.  How come that didn't show up in LEdit when I did 'p'+Enter?

You've got to re-run makelist.exe everytime you do an update, or LEdit
won't list the new files.  But the original makelist.exe doesn't work
anymore, so you can either use the Make List function in LDAO, download
a new list-file from the parts-update page, or you can download the
beta-version of Lars' new DOS-based makelist.

Steve
:LDAO: <http://home.att.net/~blisses/ldao/ldaddon.html>
:Parts Updates: <http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/official2.html>
:Beta mklist: <http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/test/mklist.zip>