 CAD / 1180
Re: SpiderWalker v0.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:02:07 GMT

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 04:48:57 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

Here is a SpiderWalker in MPD format.  I'm labeling it as version 0.8 rather
than 1.0 because it's not 100% complete.  Future improvements include:

- Fix up the alignment in the leg-to-leg overlaps at the hinge elements.
The alignments are currently only accurate to about .5 LDU, having been
placed visually rather than mathematically; it may be possible to achieve
better alignment using Pythagorean triples.

You might try LDLite's ROTATE and TRANSLATE meta-commands.  They are
very useful for multi-rotated assemblies, such as legs.  You'd have to
make one piece of code to define a leg, then you could reuse that code
for each leg, and easily 'bend' each leg individually.

Unfortunately, ROTATE and TRANSLATE are LDLite-only.  So you can't use
LDraw/LEdit on models with ROTATE or TRANSLATE commands.

- Replace old-style minifig placeholder with a real BT1 minifig someday.

That's pretty straightforward -- replace each of occurrance of 9326.dat
with 9326p52.dat.

Steve