 CAD / 11805
    Re: Complete/recursive parts listings? —Dan Boger
   (...) If you upload it to "Build this DAT" on Peeron, you should be able to get most of the parts there, if not all: (URL) Dan Boger dan@peeron.com (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Complete/recursive parts listings? —Steve Demlow
   (...) Thanks for the reply, Dan. The problem I see is that my sub-assemblies are in 12+ separate files (file A uses 10 copies of B, B uses a copy of C and 4 of D, etc.). Re: the web interface you reference, it's not clear to me if/how it can support (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Complete/recursive parts listings? —Allister McLaren
   (...) Would putting them into a single .mpd file help. There are (URL) programs> that automatically create .mpds from files such as you describe. I'm not sure how peeron counts the parts though. I would hope that it accounts for all ten instances of (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Complete/recursive parts listings? —Steve Demlow
   (...) I tried this; unfortunately the Peeron interface flat-out says it doesn't handle mpds, and it doesn't. It found a total of four parts in the file. Thanks for the suggestion though! It is a useful utility apart from this problem. Steve (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Complete/recursive parts listings? —Dan Boger
     (...) Hmmm... There's two problems here. First, I forgot to update the form to show that it DOES support MPDs now. At least, as far as I can test it does work. Can you send me the MPD that it fails on, so I can figure out where the problem lies? (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Complete/recursive parts listings? —Dan Boger
   (...) I think I got the MPD bugs fixed - try again, if you can get a chance? Better yet, compare it to the results from Travis' utility? Thanks! Dan (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)