 CAD / 11798
Re: question about people who are doing rapid prototyping of parts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:08:25 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, Darrell Urbien wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
A while back someone posted a sort of "wishlist" of parts

Sorry, perhaps this thread is better off in parts.custom? Can a moderator do
this more elegantly?

I apologise in advance for the fact that the following will sound like
nitpicking...

LUGNET is not moderated. It however, does have admins.

Admins can do a number of things. However, they cannot move posts. More
however-ingly, an admin can force the followup on a post to be set to a
particular group or groups.

This is a relatively new feature and I (as an admin) am not yet quite sure of
what the appropriate times to do that are. It sounds like this is one of those
times, though so I've went ahead and forced the FUT to lugnet.parts.custom on
the rest of the tree.

Hope that helps (and if it doesn't, drop me a note ,I can undo it)

++Lar
(LUGNET Transition Team member)

PS I saw some of these printed parts at BrickFest. WAY cool.

I would also like to talk to you at some point about how to motivate your
students to want to do modeling (that topic came up at BrickFest too)