 CAD / 114
Re: [MODEL] Boogie.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:22:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...

Linc Smith writes:

Here is a model that incorporates a 6 wheel drive, independent and • un-sprung
suspension system.  This was modeled after the rocker-boogie suspension on
Sojourner.

<snip>

0 Thanks to James Jessiman and those that maintain LDraw
0
0 LINC

Amen to that! This model and the various rendered images of it really push • a
lot of envelopes (what's possible to model, what's possible to display, and
what Technic is capable of doing)

How did you model the rubber bands?

Wow! A lot of compliment, thanks.  I like this model, and I am glad others
did too.  I hope people make it, because IMHO it looks good, but plays
better. (a scrunched up rug makes a great moonscape).  Right -- Like we have
time to build the models of others, as well as our own.

For the rubber bands I took the LDraw cylinder primitive, increased the
radius and lengthened it to what I needed (and that would be pushing the
envelope of my part making ability).  The curves are simply shorter sections
of the thicken cylinder placed end to end (with a little overlap). The
straight sections are just a longer single cylinder.  I subparted sections
used multiple times and inlined before posting.  A lot of fiddling with
movements of 0.1 of a unit.

I know that John Van is working on a excel spreadsheet that will draw
flexible parts through given points.  I am waiting patiently (sorta) for
this program because I have several meters of pneumatic tubing to LDraw, and
I can't bring myself to do it in the above fashion.

As to the renderings you (and I) can thank Lars Hassing for L3P.exe
http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p.html .

Technic is great!  "There is no way you can do that in Lego"...  Ahhh, my
favorite phrase.

LINC