 CAD / 11257
Re: LPub Errors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 05:04:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:
I encontered some new errors when running LPub today.

First, I tried running it on my secondary machine, which I've been LPubbing on
successfully for about a year. On that machine were multiple installations of
POV-Ray, and I had just recently installed/uninstalled LDraw software helping
Ahui test the 2004-Q4 installer.

These are the errors I received:

count_steps: Failed to open the file .... for reading. (clicked OK)
create_construction_images: Failed to open file C:\..... for reading (clicked
OK)
create_part_lists: Failed to open file C:\...... for reading (clicked OK)
same error as above (clicked OK)

I was unable to recreate this on my computer, but it did dawn on me what might
have been happening......

I had Tim search his hard disk for all copies of L3P.EXE.  I then had him
compare this against his config.lpb in the directory where LPub was installed.
If somehow the L3P that config.lpb indicates LPub should use is not there, I
think we get these errors.

There are two different kinds of .lpb files.  The user .lpb files contain a
subset of the information in the install-dir/config.lpb.  In particular, the
install-dir/config.lpb contains information of where L3P is installed.  It is
very specific to the system where LPub was installed.

It looks like Tim somehow got an install-dir .lpb file and used it as a
directory local .lpb file.  The local directory .lpb file had a bogus path to an
L3P that didn't exist.

I'll update LPub to ignore L3P path info in directory local .lpb files are
release a new version.

Kevin