 CAD / 11234
11233  |  11235
Subject:
LPub Errors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:05:05 GMT

I encontered some new errors when running LPub today.

First, I tried running it on my secondary machine, which I've been LPubbing on
successfully for about a year. On that machine were multiple installations of
POV-Ray, and I had just recently installed/uninstalled LDraw software helping
Ahui test the 2004-Q4 installer.

These are the errors I received:

count_steps: Failed to open the file .... for reading. (clicked OK)
create_construction_images: Failed to open file C:\..... for reading (clicked
OK)
create_part_lists: Failed to open file C:\...... for reading (clicked OK)
same error as above (clicked OK)

Now, I thought that my recent installing/uninstalling had messed up some links
somewhere, so I removed _everything_ LDraw-related from my secondary machine.
Once I was sure all LDraw copies and all POV-Ray installs were removed, I
re-installed using the LDraw Q4 installer provided by Ahui. It set up POV 3.5,
MegaPOV 1, and all the tools I needed.

I launched LPub, it asked me where L3P was at, I told it. Then I loaded my LDraw
file and my config file, and went to run. When I did this, I received the same
errors.

So, then I thought - why not go back to my primary machine? I usually don't LPub
there, but I do recall that it was working the last time I did. Tried it there,
and received the same set of errors.

The LDraw file I'm using is one I just created today, with nothing fancy in it.
So, I don't see how that should be a problem.

Help? Thanks!

-Tim