 CAD / 11155
    Counting pieces in large ldraw projects —Eric Brok
   Currently I'm working on a huge LDraw-project: an industry plant consisting of over twenty buildings, each drawn as a multipart model etc. Because we'll have to actually build the beast, I have to order large amounts of pieces. For this I need a (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Counting pieces in large ldraw projects —Dan Boger
     (...) You can use the Peeron "Build this DAT" function - it will report on the total number of parts used: (URL) if you don't have any parts in your collection, it will refuse to run (as all the parts will be missing). (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Counting pieces in large ldraw projects —Don Heyse
     (...) L3lab statistics lists the number of linetype 1 entries. That may be what you want, but it might include subparts and primitives. Don (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Counting pieces in large ldraw projects —Corey Sanders
   Eric, I've run into this problem with mlcad also and have had to manually compare the subparts to get the 'grand list' of required parts. I use a program that can generate a list of all the pieces needed in your multi-part ldraw file. It is lpub. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)