 CAD / 1041
Re: Wheels in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:39:04 GMT

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 05:33:10 GMT, "onyx" <onyx@flash.net> wrote:

Generally, the -Z direction is the 'front' for LDraw.  So I guess tires
and hubs should show their front to LDdraw's front.

Steve

usually i model everything, elements, sub parts, models, all from LDraw's
standard view being 3/4 front left.... the wheels i've been making use that
same orientation, but i agree that we should have a standard and stick to it...
in fact i even posted for this recently... even if it isn't the standard i use,
i feel we should decide on one and make sure that *ALL* parts are rotated to
meet that standard before they are added to the official elements catalog

Agreed.  And the author should make sure their part(s) fit the standard.
Terry has enough to do, without rotating parts around.

Steve