 CAD / 1030
Re: Wheels in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:08:21 GMT

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:09:47 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

I'm happy to see the number of Technic wheels which has been made lately
by Onyx.  However, I see that wheels in LDraw normally have their axis
in the Z-direction, whereas Onyx's wheels use the X-direction.

Is the Z-direction for wheels a standard in LDraw?  If so, perhaps the
wheels in question should be rotated before they are released?

The +X direction makes somewhat more sense to me, because it's the right
orientation for 1/2 the wheels on a vehicle.

Generally, the -Z direction is the 'front' for LDraw.  So I guess tires
and hubs should show their front to LDdraw's front.

Steve