 CAD / 10186
  Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format  [DAT]

I'm hoping someone can help. I've recently started working in LeoCAD. After trying MLCAD, I just find I like LeoCAD better. Just my preference, nothing wrong with MLCAD. :) However, in trying to export models/instructions to the LDraw .dat format (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

(...) You are not alone, I prefer LeoCad too... (...) They should not cause problems. These numbers are indeed floating point values (space coordinates and transformation matrix) and while the .00 is not useful in your case it shouldn't be harmful (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

(...) I didn't know that people needed more precision, it's just a matter of changing a printf and you can have more decimal places. (...) Depending on how your computer is setup other programs may not read the files correctly if you have something (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

Hi Leonardo, (...) This is seldom a problem, but I noticed this with rubberbelts generated with my rubberbelt parts ((URL) aligned in LeoCad but were not perfectly placed when exported to Ldraw/Pov. Philo (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

(...) From what I understand, the .00 values aren't specifically prohibited in the LDraw format, but that they may be unnecessary. It also appears that in some cases, it throws errors when trying to use these files in LPub. (...) Is this a user (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

(...) Both lines are equally valid. (...) That's an error in LPub then. (...) Probably because it: 1) is easier to do 2) makes the files easier to read for a human Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)