 CAD / 1018
    Wheels in LDraw —Fredrik Glöckner
   I'm happy to see the number of Technic wheels which has been made lately by Onyx. However, I see that wheels in LDraw normally have their axis in the Z-direction, whereas Onyx's wheels use the X-direction. Is the Z-direction for wheels a standard in (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Wheels in LDraw —Steve Bliss
   (...) The +X direction makes somewhat more sense to me, because it's the right orientation for 1/2 the wheels on a vehicle. Generally, the -Z direction is the 'front' for LDraw. So I guess tires and hubs should show their front to LDdraw's front. (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Wheels in LDraw —Jeff Boen
   (...) usually i model everything, elements, sub parts, models, all from LDraw's standard view being 3/4 front left.... the wheels i've been making use that same orientation, but i agree that we should have a standard and stick to it... in fact i (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Wheels in LDraw —Steve Bliss
   (...) Agreed. And the author should make sure their part(s) fit the standard. Terry has enough to do, without rotating parts around. Steve (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)