 CAD / *43625 (-20)
  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Hmm ... I found some sources how the colors are defined: (URL) it looks like LDraw colors (URL) still refer to a color chart which was defined long before we got our hands on the official LEGO colors at (URL) and are the reason why our values (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LPub and the unit of measurement.. (and friends)

(...) Oh, and the screen shots: (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/ web: (URL) +44 (0)780 8369596 (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  LPub and the unit of measurement.. (and friends)

(Sounds like an adventure story :) Hi Kevin. I have just tried using LPub 4.0.0.1 and have found a problem when the "Default units" is set to centimetres (from the initial setup). I assume this is down to the size entered into the page setup? Can it (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) POVray can, of course, do all these colours and is likely to be the most frequent user of the colour definitions file. Some of us have fiddled around with pearl before ((URL) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) I'm pretty sure that the (2006-2007?) LSC agreed to leave the contents of ldconfig.ldr up to the LDraw part admins. We saw it as our job to specify the format of the !COLOUR meta-command, but not to have anything to do with the actual list of (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Take a look at the !COLOUR spec here: (URL) is covered, along with rubber, chrome, matte metallic, and metal. Glitter transparency isn't, and probably should be. Of course, just because official LDraw colors can be defined with these (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Jets, Props, and Choppers: Alternate Models with Instructions

(...) terrific models and top-notch, professional-grade instructions (as always), jim!! my favorites are 'lamprey', 'bi-plane' and the red fighter-jet alternate for the 4955 big rig (c'mon and give that sucker a name!). keep up the awesome work!! (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LPub4.0.0.1 available

Hi gang, LPub4.0.0.1 is now available here: (URL) There are many bug fixes (especially LPub metacommands being put in the wrong place). My thanks to those whom fed me bug reports. Geoff, please try this new version. I'm pretty sure I've fixed the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad) !

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:K6D96D.Ews@lugnet.com... (...) I don't know about the whole color thing but your post makes me think of an interesting point. Just how exactly is LDRAW supposed to handle displaying the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 2

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote: Looks like I'm gonna move from 1.60 to this beta to author. (...) Hmm ... sounds interesting but I cannot find it. (...) This is a cool feature! Love it. (...) Much appreciated!!! (...) Check out the betatest (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 2

Here's the file for LDDP 2.0 beta 2: (URL) Auto complete Mouse over the file reference for the part title Subfile dialog expanded Custom polling interval Concave quad detection and automatic fix by splitting Cleaned up the editor options and add the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Jets, Props, and Choppers: Alternate Models with Instructions

Here are samples from a few of the instructions I've posted to (URL) Flickr> recently. What these four models have in common is that they are flying machines and that they are alternate models for actual sets (the 6208 B-Wing, the 4955 Big Rig, and (...) (16 years ago, 29-Aug-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

Hi gang, playing around with colors I was floored by the fact that we do not have a LDraw color number or RGBs for quite a lot of LEGO colors. In addition our RGBs sometimes differ a lot from the official colors: (URL) remember the time when we were (...) (16 years ago, 29-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Absolutely! We're whittling away at the bugs, but things get consistently better. However much you want the new code, I want you to have the new code more, but I want the new code to have better quality than the old code. If you're getting (...) (16 years ago, 28-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) Unfortunately, I don't think that T-junctions can be made visible in MLCad, since I don't think it has a wireframe mode. However, if you use LDraw Design Pad with LDView in polling mode, you can set LDView to wireframe, and the T-junctions (...) (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) etc. (...) I was wondering if you upload a more concrete example using a lego editing tool and show what the difference would look like between the three examples using one of them - it would be helpful to me to be able to see something that (...) (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Hi Kevin, Any chance for a new beta with all those new features for the rest of us who didn't manage to compile the sources? Philo (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Jim has the advantage because he can build his own Mac version of LPub4 from sourceforge sources. His (and my) version have the fix for anything "callout" related being put inside the callout. Some things go in the callout, and others go in (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) The difference is you are selling an image of a product and NOT an exact duplicate of a product. LEGO may have certain trademarks over the specific design of their bricks, their name, their branding, etc., but they can't stop anyone from (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) I believe that's true. The CVS logs suggest I added support for the "Unofficial" directory in ldglite last April, but never managed to release the new executables on the website. (Gotta do that now that it's no longer so unbearably hot in the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact