 CAD / *38475 (-10)
  Parts I like to see for real

Hi all, Like I asked in the "Dear LEGO" newsgroup there are some parts I would like to see for real. I have come up with 3 simple parts so far: plate and brick 1x5 and tile 1x3 and thinking about more. There are some other people out there I came (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Little Blue Bot - LDD Format - In progress -

(...) Where on earth do you get the patience to achieve this and how long did it take you to get this far? Personally the LDD programs drives me crazy when it comes to placing bricks in the right spot... (being an LDraw and MLCad freak and fan ;-) (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) That is a great idea. Why recreate the wheel when you can add a joystick instead? Tim (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) Animators use Maya and Lightwave. (...) Your whole thread has got me thinking. I am convinced you do not want to try to extend LDraw to do animation and that POV-Ray already does what you want. But that doesn't mean things can't be done to (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) You do not need a new format. MPD's do the job just fine. I now realize I need to write a follow up to this article: (URL) it I will show how modeling using these guidelines leads to animation bliss. (...) LDraw files are perfect for models, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) Considering what we have here, I think we need: * A Lego animation file/script format which positions LDraw parts in relation to others, which is then distilled (using a front end) into POV scripts - so POV still handles the rendering. * A GUI (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) Many thanks to you James, your experience is priceless to me. Before i attempt anything i will now carefully consider: * what POV-Ray can do * how it does * whether i can do easier/better * if people don't want to learn POV-Ray, then they (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Error in part #590

"Banban" <banban@banban.org> wrote in news:ILnt2z.1G5t@lugnet.com: (...) You could import any unofficial files into the .mpd-files itself. That way anyone with just the official library installed, can open your file. Even if they have another (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Error in part #590

(...) The parts update process is stalled for the present, whilst the LDraw Steering Committee resolve some remaining issues with the Contributor Agreement. In particular, how to deal with contributions from prolific authors who have not affirmed (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Error in part #590

(...) I'm sorry for this useless post, but I'm not very familiar with the LDraw certifying process (so I didn't check if the part was in PT). But I read the FAQ to learn more about this process. And I guess this part won't be released before a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact