 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5705
Re: Error in part #590
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 06:42:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Alban NANTY wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dean Earley wrote:
Banban wrote:
I don't know if I post in the right forum, but I wanted to notice you about an
error I found in the part #590 Electric train motor 9V.

This part is already in the PT (with the correct number) with this
change as well as being BFC'd and tidied up.

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2894c01.dat

Ok, thanks a lot.
I'm sorry for this useless post, but I'm not very familiar with the LDraw
certifying process (so I didn't check if the part was in PT).
But I read the FAQ to learn more about this process. And I guess this part won't
be released before a *LONG* time!
I downloaded the unofficial part, and the problem was corrected.
Usually I never use unofficial parts to avoid problems when sharring my ldraw
files with others people.

Another question though: while looking at the PT list I saw a lot of certified
parts. I was wonderring when these parts will be released (become official). Are
they waiting for a subsequent number of certified parts before creating a parts
update?

Thanks for reply if you know the answer.

The parts update process is stalled for the present, whilst the LDraw Steering
Committee resolve some remaining issues with the Contributor Agreement. In
particular, how to deal with contributions from prolific authors who have not
affirmed this agreement, and how to "label" files which are under the CA. Steve
Bliss and I are considering an interim release under the old arrangements, and
personally I would like to see this happen as soon as possible. That's dependent
upon "real life".

Chris