 CAD / *38125 (-20)
  Inexplicable error in LPub

No matter what I do, I keep getting this error: File shuttle1a.ldr line 117 => Error: expected end of line, but got ER RIGHT 0.5 0.5 0.5 instead.0 LPUB CALLOUT POINTER RIGHT 0.5 0.5 0.5 Here is piece of the code: 0 LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN 0 LPUB CALLOUT (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) What if there was a BS folder that contained rendered CGIs of every LEGO set, all in one place, all with .mpd files, all previewable as Koyan has presented them, in sequential order-- you can't see any value in that? (...) Sometimes I think my (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Restrict pars to LEGO set in MLCad?

OK, I got the file but when I try to run it I get the following error: "The dynamic link library rtl60.bpl could not be found in the specified path..." Where ... continues to list all my paths listed in my path variable. Where can I get the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) Well, if Koyan weren't so modest I wouldn't have to! :-) But apparently he is, so I will continue to toot his horn periodically for those who might not have heard it;-) JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) This brickshelf account doesn't contain any pictures of original MOCs... what's the attraction in looking at a bunch of pictures of official sets we've seen many times already? Render fetishism? Seems like a waste of time to me. Cheers, Paul (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Hi Stefan, My guess is that the studs are a special primitive which is just attached as a bitmap. A cylinder is very quick to render and so a simple routine to map an angle to a cone bitmap which is then added in the right place wouldn't be (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) I'm guessing it is because each in game object is a single instanced mesh that has been severely optimised rather than a collection of individual part and subpart meshes that are all being drawn regardless of whether they are visible or not (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) (URL) I can't remember where I originally downloaded it from :( (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in news:IIG4Gr.yEz@lugnet.com: (...) :) You may want to re-check periodically. I'm constantly updating renders whenever I find a better way to make them, or .mpd's whenever new missing pieces become (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

"Didier Enjary" <d.enjary@wanadoo.fr> wrote in news:IIH65w.1t15@lugnet.com: (...) I'm working on that. ;) (...) The classic space gallery is one of the oldest though. I'm not entirely happy with the renderings anymore, so I'll be replacing them as (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) Very good job koyan ! and thanks to John for highlighting the gallery. Well, too much space stuff and not enough train stuff :-) ...check the classic space gallery seems to be complete , that's just amazing. Renderings looks very good (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

For the most part you're right, and that's something I had not realized. However, there are a few instances that I've seen in Lego Island, Island 2, where an ingame model actually has studs. Lately of course, there is the new SW game: (URL) So I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) To which game are you referring? All the ones I've seen use surface textures, not actual polygons to simulate studs. Allister (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

Hi y'all, I'm just curious if anyone knows how Lego gets away with their models having studs and tubes and everything in their games? It seems like the poly count would be unplayably ridiculous. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.games)

  Re: Restrict pars to LEGO set in MLCad?

(...) My bad: www.kclague.net/subset.exe Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Restrict pars to LEGO set in MLCad?

Kevin, is the program still up there? I tried going to the link you provided but I get a 404 page not found error. I tried going to www.kclague.net/subset Let me know where I can get the program and I will test it out. Thank you for taking the time (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

...What? Leave the poor feller alone, seems like he was just pointing out the link to the original threads, that I'd neglected to track down. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

If you guys have to start yet another noisy bitchfest, at least put it where it belongs... FUT set. Soren (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) (putting on the verbal bomb squad suit...) Ok, this "fuss" can be interpreted as a "bad" thing, or a good thing. Guess you just have to know Ross... Frankly, after reading the posts on those links, I couldn't see anything but praise (maybe the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) John, I remember checking it out when you'd posted the link before, but I had not been there lately. Wowza. I was missing out. Lots of good stuff added. I've got new backgrounds for a few weeks/months now! Thanks for posting the link again to (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact