 Books / *460 (-20)
  The Brick Testament invades Denmark

I am pleased to announce that not one, but two Brick Testament books have now been published in Danish, the native language of the LEGO company itself! Publisher (URL) Forlaget Vandkunsten> has now released translated versions of both (URL) The (...) (17 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.dk, FTX)

  The Unofficial LEGO Builder's Guide - Sample chapter in French

I wanted to post a short note to let people know that there is now a sample chapter of (URL) The Unofficial LEGO Builder's Guide> available in French. If you're a participant on the FreeLUG website you may have already read about this, but I thought (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.books, FTX)

  Extreme NXT: Extending the LEGO Mindstorms NXT to the Next Level

Hi, Sorry I'm quite unused with lugnet.robotics groups and I don't know if this has been announced yet. (URL) Philo, Michael and Isabelle (philo's delightful daughter) authored a book about NXT !! Didier (17 years ago, 23-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.books)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

(...) Since I didn't find an english version of the site, but danish is quite similar to swedish, I'll try a translation: "In the years 1983 to 1987 Frank Madsen wrote and draw three 48 page comic albums and three 24 page mini-albums with Jim (...) (18 years ago, 8-Oct-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.space)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

In German i found only 2 Books. According to the Guide its "semi funny" whatever that means. :-) (URL) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.books)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

(...) I have this one: (URL) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.books)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

(...) And be proactive? Pshaw! Actually, I guess I just assumed he was Danish and wouldn't speak English-- but from what I've heard about those crazy Danes, English is pretty common... Hmm... DaveE (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.space)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

(...) Well, you could just drop him a note: (URL) like he's still around! Calum (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.space)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

(...) Quoting from: (URL) In January 1984, Madsen was contracted by the LEGO toy company's publishing (...) From: (URL) For LEGO he wrote and illustrated three 48 page graphic novels with Jim (...) So in theory, the 3rd book exists, although I have (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.space)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

Well Jaco, You'd better add it to your "Set-list". I did years ago. (URL) David, I knew about part two, as you can see it is also known in the database, but I had yet to see a good picture of the cover. Thanks for that. I have no idea about part (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.space)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

(...) Most of the references I found online were European (mostly Danish?), which I sadly can't translate. I kind of wonder if the 3rd book was never released in English... DaveE (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.space)

  Re: Jim Spaceborn?

Hey I know this! I believe I even have a Dutch version of it too. I must look it up! Jaco "David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> schreef in bericht news:J5t6FC.GGs@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.space)

  Jim Spaceborn?

So... I remember as a kid sort of looking at Jim Spaceborn more-or-less in passing, but I never realized that it was a series! We probably remember the basic cover of The Unknown Galaxy: (URL) But this was new to me: (URL) AND, according to some (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.books, FTX)

  Re: New Book: Who Are You People?

(...) Hmm, that book looks like it's about a bunch of freaks--what was she doing interviewing AFOLs? Derek (18 years ago, 23-Jul-06, to lugnet.books, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  New Book: Who Are You People?

Last year I was contacted by freelance writer (URL) Cauldron>. She came out to House of Bricks in 2005 to (URL) some time> and interview all of us for her upcoming book about folks with eccentric hobbies. Her book has now been published and info can (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Allan Bedford "Unofficial LEGO builder's guide"

Hello Geoffrey, (...) I'm not sure of the availability of the book via Shop At Home in Australia. I know it's there for the U.S. and Canada, but I can't confirm beyond that. However, I did a couple searches this morning and found several online book (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.books, lugnet.market.shopping)

Can someone please tell me if or when it will be available from the Australian Shop at Home site? "B542" does not match any products or links that I can find. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.books, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Allan Bedford "Unofficial LEGO builder's guide"

In lugnet.books, Allan Bedford wrote: [...] (...) [...] (...) Allan - Congrats on your accomplishment! So glad to hear it's coming out soon. I'm positive this is to become a classic among LEGO books. I'm also fortunate to have received my copy a (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.books, FTX)

  Re: Allan Bedford "Unofficial LEGO builder's guide"

(...) In the San Mateo LEGO® store in CA., they had this book for sale. I mangaged to take a peek at the book and saw many cool building technics. I had to pass on it as it wasnt currently in my LEGO® budget. :P Dave www.GPLR.org (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.books, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Allan Bedford "Unofficial LEGO builder's guide"

(...) And you can order it from Shop at Home, it's in the Holiday 2005 Catalog, Item B542. Maggie C. (19 years ago, 18-Oct-05, to lugnet.books, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact