 Boats / 357
Re: MOC Sterling Tug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:58:49 GMT

In lugnet.boats, John Henry Kruer writes:
That's cool.  I really like your almost surrealistic models, and this adds
to them.

The hot water/cold air and vica-versa idea is very interesting, and the
piston assembly on the back is very neat.  I wonder... on a larger ship, it
would be cool if you motorized the pistons, so you could see them going up
and down.

First design I tried had a Racer-Pull motor and a single
piston. But changed my mind and went with HOG rocker-arm.
My longer one has micro-motor in it(still working on it).

The little greeblies are great, too- I really love your weird style.

I might make some of my own... can't wait for more!

Alter-Energy Space! Sure, Build and Raid my ideas at will.
I will post next bunch sun-night-monday Thanks.

Best
DaveG

-JHK
In lugnet.boats, David Goeb writes:
Boats from other planets.

I am making a few items for an idea I am
exploring. This is the first of the proto
types. A Sterling Tug Boat!. It will only
work on a planet where the sea/water/mud
is much higher or lower temp than the air.

Pods are mounted under the under hull to
absorb heat from the lower water levels
and air is passed thru the front Grill-Hold
to recondense  before returning it back
to the piston jackets. Or reverse for
cold-sea-warm-air planets.

Best