 Boats / 353
Re: MOC Sterling Tug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:20:41 GMT

In lugnet.boats, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.boats, David Goeb writes:
Boats from other planets.

Looks nice Dave.  I really like your photo technique with the inset that
shows what the hold looks like open.

Photoshop WOW book 101 or if you have post PS 3.0 Layers effects.

I am making a few items for an idea I am
exploring. This is the first of the proto
types. A Sterling Tug Boat!. It will only
work on a planet where the sea/water/mud
is much higher or lower temp than the air.

Looks pretty tuggish to me.  :)   ...Maybe you could also add a few old
tires around the edge of the hull, mounted with either Lego chains or black
string, to add more to that idea.

Good idea will do so.

Pods are mounted under the under hull to
absorb heat from the lower water levels
and air is passed thru the front Grill-Hold
to recondense  before returning it back
to the piston jackets. Or reverse for
cold-sea-warm-air planets.

Now that's cool.  I like the originality (it's original to me anyway) in
this idea.  Interesting way to give reason for the sci-fi details and greebles.

I look forward to seeing exactly how big a full ship might be, if this is
just the tug!  :)

The HotWaterPlanet is the background for a set games I am/have
been working on for a while. So yes I will be posting more MOCs
and assorted stuff based around the idea(free energy planet).

Best
DaveG

-Hendo