 Boats / 356
Re: MOC Sterling Tug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:48:06 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Gil Shaw writes:
This is a great concept Dave....indigenous craft always strike a cord with
me.  It almost reminds me of a PT boat from WWII.  The cargo hold and the
figs are nice touches...convinces me this is an offworld boat!

More of a Air chamber to feed the Grill not a Cargo hold.
The atmosphere is cold but very thin so lots of the air
need to flow over the radiator. But that's just the way
I look at it. But feel free to imagine it as you like. :)

Hope to see more in the line.

I have three or four more on the go including
the eXtream-Torpedo and some other fun ideas.

Cheers,
-Gil

Best
DaveG

In lugnet.boats, David Goeb writes:
Boats from other planets.

I am making a few items for an idea I am
exploring. This is the first of the proto
types. A Sterling Tug Boat!. It will only
work on a planet where the sea/water/mud
is much higher or lower temp than the air.

Pods are mounted under the under hull to
absorb heat from the lower water levels
and air is passed thru the front Grill-Hold
to recondense  before returning it back
to the piston jackets. Or reverse for
cold-sea-warm-air planets.

Best