 Boats / 302
Re: I'm "Screw"ed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:51:27 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Rick Hallman writes:
I need help on the Submarine's screw. Propeller for the un-navy terms. It
needs to be about 8-10 wide, and have 5-8 blades. :) THanks In advance.

   Of premade parts, Larry's solution (the windmill fan) will probably
   look best.  But if you're feeling adventurous, you might try to make
   one from a clutch of 3x3 plates with one round corner.  I got a pretty
   good approximation of a ship screw that way, once.  I did however need
   to fix the inclination method because it came out bulky.  It ended up
   looking sort of screwy, which was OK because it was a screw, but you
   could surely find a better method than I used.

   best

   LFB