 Boats / 180
Re: Making a Dock :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 01:57:07 GMT

Thanks for the tips, i'm slightly confused, but i understand basically what
you're saying, rather than use a real road plate, make a small one laner
thing outta smooth tiles to take away the crane length problem. Got any
links to pics that would help?

Thanks, Braden Fox

In lugnet.boats, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.boats, Braden Fox writes:
Heya everyone. I was wondering if anyone here has converted a sail n' • fly
marina into a cargo dock. I know it sounds like a weird project, but if i
could do it, i have a readily available one to go buy from a friend for • 20$, i
should probably get it anyway :o)

Here, I suggest doing -exactly- what the real ones do, and you now have • a easy
way to make white, or black, docking.

Take the train track, and build a support network around it.  Tile this • area
using 2x2 tiles (now, since they are widely available).  Build outward to • about
16 wide using this method, and then have the rails for the dock crane • outside
of this.   Presto, one dock in which road and rail are both served!

James Powell