 Boats / 181
Re: A project suggestion= Let's develop a Theme ourselves....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Alex Farlie writes:
Sorry to repsond to own posting.

My main reason for posting was in case anyone else was working on Canal type
parts themesleves. Is anyone?

Right now I am not, but I have in the past had working water based systems.
What I'd like to see is a system like the BRIO system, but scaled so that the
Lego boats would be able to travel it.  I am going to have a go at this once I
am back in a basement with my lego (something about water damage means I
wouldn't try it here!).  I'm thinking that fiberglass male mold, and hand
laminated (prob. only 2-3 layers), then glued onto lego baseplates.  Curves
would be 8 baseplates diameter, made in 8 pieces/circle (45 degrees each) (I
don't think any shorter would work), and it would be deep enough to accomidate
a C26 hull at waterline with the motor underneath.  The big problem that I can
see is that I will have to raise the city to the same level around the water,
if I want to have any major interaction with it.  This would mean false
flooring.  I'm moving in 7.5 months, so then we see what happens after
that...it might be a while...I also want to build a 3.5" gauge railway, plus
have to restart my OO scale stuff...

Lots of plans!

James P