 Boats / 182
Re: A project suggestion= Let's develop a Theme ourselves....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.boats, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.cad, Alex Farlie writes:
Sorry to repsond to own posting.

My main reason for posting was in case anyone else was working on Canal type
parts themesleves. Is anyone?

Right now I am not, but I have in the past had working water based systems.
What I'd like to see is a system like the BRIO system,

I think that unlikley given that BRIO(TM) seem to hold a patent on it?

but scaled so that the
Lego boats would be able to travel it.  I am going to have a go at this once I
am back in a basement with my lego (something about water damage means I
wouldn't try it here!).
I'm thinking that fiberglass male mold, and hand
laminated (prob. only 2-3 layers), then glued onto lego baseplates.  Curves
would be 8 baseplates diameter, made in 8 pieces/circle (45 degrees each) (I
don't think any shorter would work), and it would be deep enough to accomidate
a C26 hull at waterline with the motor underneath.  The big problem that I can
see is that I will have to raise the city to the same level around the water,
if I want to have any major interaction with it.  This would mean false
flooring.

Great Idea. Howevr the idea I was thinking along the lines of regarding boats
was like the ones used on carpet or suitable for putting on the large sea plat
(cant remember number) not ones that actaully folated in water- but I will
bear it in mind...

I'm moving in 7.5 months, so then we see what happens after
that...it might be a while...I also want to build a 3.5" gauge railway, plus
have to restart my OO scale stuff...

Lots of plans!

James P