 Boats / 178
Making a Dock :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:00:34 GMT

Heya everyone. I was wondering if anyone here has converted a sail n' fly
marina into a cargo dock. I know it sounds like a weird project, but if i
could do it, i have a readily available one to go buy from a friend for 20$, i
should probably get it anyway :o)

I already own the large blue cargo boat, and a fir and police boat, and a
fishing boat and a divers one, so i want a dock in my town for my trains to
haul cargo from. I've already built a (what i thought was pretty cool) dock
using road plates and only lego pieces. It was raised up two bricks the
way it usually is, and was two plates long, using a "freight loading
station"'s baseplate and a straight grey road piece. Also, the ramp was a
straight road piece, and solid as ever, even though it was only hinged
lego pieces supporting it. It also had a dock wing kind of thing comming
out one side to make it an L shaped dock. The wing was a half grey
baseplate. Anyway, the problem was it used up Most of my grey lego to
build all the sides of it with it, not to mention all the bricks inside the dock
as supports. Also, another problem which i'd really like help with, was
making ONE crane wich could reach the water for the shipping, the road,
and the one line of freight track. Using the Pieces from a Freight loading
station was pretty much impossible, because that line of yellow ridges
won't reach all three. Any ideas of maybe a crane that could rotate? I want
it to look nice too :)
Thanks

Braden Fox