 Belville / 349
348  |  350
Subject:
2001 Belville starting to arrive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:03:49 GMT

I just got my 5831 Adventurous Puppies today.

Parts:

1 bright green 4x4 plate
1 trans pink 4x6 chest bottom
1 trans pink 4x6 chest top
1 white puppy (Fido)
1 dark pink 1x2x2 brick, printed w/puppy face and bones
1 dark pink 2x2 Belville dish printed w/bones
2 lime green 3+ flower stems
1 trans blueish (1) 3+ flower petal
1 trans yellow 3+ flower petal
1 trans dark pink 3+ flower petal
1 lime green hand brush
1 butterfly w/bright green bottom, dark pink top, thin pink colored
tansparent wings, the green and dark pink parts form a clip like the
clip included in the 2000 Scala sets. The bottom is sort of leaf shaped
and has a hole to fit over a stud, though it is curved down, so it won't
fit on top of a large brick or plate.
1 fabric dog leash
1 fabric towel (fits inside chest to make a dog bed)
1 booklet with pictures if Fido's adventures.

(1) this is not trans light blue, and it's not trans purple either,
appears to be a new color.

I'm bummed to have got the smallest set first, but this new theme has
potential for some nifty parts. I like the transparent flowers. It's
also nice for those who might want the large trans dark pink chest to
have a cheaper set to get it from. This set has limited play value, but
will be a nice addition to the rest of the series. The whole set
practically fits into the chest.

The butterfly is a nifty part. It doesn't have lots of connectivity, but
kids will have fun wearing them in their hair and on their clothes etc.
It will be interesting to see how they wind their way into non-Bellvile
creations.... I'm certainly much happier about these than Milimy...

Based on the booklet, it looks like the cave in 5831 is the home of a
spider, it will be interesting to see if a spider is included.

The included catalog sheet has some larger pictures of the new sets.
5834 will have a bunch of nice stuff, though it will be pricy at $49.99:

Belville blue-grey 8x8 brick
bright or dark green 8x8 brick
2 white 1x6x2 arched fences
1 white bird cage w/yellow bird
2 light pink 1x4 plate w/small axle pins at end
4 dark pink 1x1 small hubs
4 white tires for same
dark pink 4 long rod
4 white 1x6x2 arches
4 trans light purple 1x1 round bricks (2)
1 trans light purple 1x2 brick w/printing
1 trans light blue 6x6x3ish roof
2 white 2x6x6 trellis arches
several various trans 3+ flower petals
several lime green 3+ flower stems
2 white 1x4x2 multi-lobed piece (3)
2 trans dark pink 1x6 bricks
1 trans dark pink Belville turret roof
1 light yellow Belville turret
2 light yellow 2x2x2 cones
2 trans purple gems
1 trans dark pink or red gem
1 trans purple magifying glass
something like a dozen trans 1x1 and 1x2 bricks
1 lime green 4x4 Fabuland car seat
2 trans dark pink 2x2 bricks
and more

(2) this looks to be the same blue/purple as in 5831

(3) like the one used in the Mickey Mouse series for car radiators, and
in pirate ships

5833 will also be a decent set, and really is quite a bit for $16.99
(looks like it includes both a horse and a figure, plus a turret
w/roof).

5832 is going to be real fun with the 2 huge trans dark pink tea cups.

The kids are going to love the figures in these sets I think. The big
billowing skirts look nice, though unfortunately there's no guys for the
gals to dance with, and they all have the same hair style.