 Belville / 350
Re: 2001 Belville starting to arrive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:31:07 GMT

Hmmm. Frank, did you notice the biggest perk in the new Spring 2001 S@H
catalog? It's not a new set - it was previously Europe-only, and oh, my...

I'm talking about 5399, the BV accesories set, with a bunch of wands, some
crowns goblet, etc, but the two best pieces are the green gem - only
available in select few sets - and the love letter, which is just too cool.
I'm waiting for a break to buy a few sets to get that one (shipping would be
horrendous otherwise) but I'll get it as soon as I can.

In lugnet.belville, Frank Filz writes:
(1) this is not trans light blue, and it's not trans purple either,
appears to be a new color.

Hmm, interesting...

<snip>
5833 will also be a decent set, and really is quite a bit for $16.99
(looks like it includes both a horse and a figure, plus a turret
w/roof).

Not to mention a whole bunch of colorful transparent bricks! I can spot a
few trans green 1x1s, a yellow 1x2, dk. blue 1x1 and 1x2, (lt.?) blue 1x1,
and some pink ones, all transparent! I wonder what Brad H'll do with those.
<grin>

The kids are going to love the figures in these sets I think. The big
billowing skirts look nice, though unfortunately there's no guys for the
gals to dance with, and they all have the same hair style.

Yeah, not to mention two of them have almost the same faces *and* same hair.
<shrug> Oh well...

Looks like some of it is good stuff, but I might wait before I get those two
sets (5833 and 5399) and I probably won't get any of the other new sets.
Maybe I'd spill some cash on the Queen's chamber or the Fairy Queen's room -
I never got a chance to get them last year.

The rest of the new sets look like too much for too little, unfortunately.

-Shiri