 Belville / *625 (-5)
Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:37:34 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Damien Nesbit wrote:

Leo,

Sorry to have been away for so long. There have been a few things keeping me out of the loop, but its mainly been a new job and much less free time. Shortly after our last series of postings, I finally got to work on customizing some pieces to work towards the goal that you mention above. I’m at my job now, so I can’t post flicks immedeately, but I’ll get ‘em up on brickshelf & post a notice here ASAP. I think that you’ll like what I’ve been able to accomplish so far. Anyways, keep your eyes peeled.

Cheers, Damien

Hi Damien,

At first ,congratulations with your new job. And I too have that problem of having not much free time. But I am looking forward to see more of your wonderful creations. They are very inspiring, and I like them very much.

It amazes me that, seemingly, only a few people can use this Belville figures in an interesting way. Well, maybe some good pictures will change that a little..

Leo..

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:09:33 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Leo Vermeulen wrote:
   My greatest wish; Belville scaled knights, soldiers, and so on. ...With all movable limbs...

Leo,

Sorry to have been away for so long. There have been a few things keeping me out of the loop, but its mainly been a new job and much less free time. Shortly after our last series of postings, I finally got to work on customizing some pieces to work towards the goal that you mention above. I’m at my job now, so I can’t post flicks immedeately, but I’ll get ‘em up on brickshelf & post a notice here ASAP. I think that you’ll like what I’ve been able to accomplish so far. Anyways, keep your eyes peeled.

Cheers, Damien

Subject:
Building a Belville Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:51:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Nothing soft and pink with these Belville ladies. Here, they are laying tiles on
the floor of the Chapel of Sokenniwell Castle. Why is it, that always the girls
do the hard work in the Belville society?
Simply, TLG forgot, and still  forget, to give us enough males to do the job.

Enjoy...

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:26:41 GMT

I've just found another 'pretty gruesome' one :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bricklovinfreakboy/229767747/

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:18:59 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
   Well, at least there are a few builders on Brickshelf that use Belville figures in interesting ways:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=kezzart
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Damien27

And in the long fan-driven range of tribute remakings of set #1692 - Town Square in other LEGO themes, there is also a Belville one: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60584

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

Some of these examples show us that Belville figures can be used in a non-pink and non-sissy way. The problem is that TLG has decided to make this theme only for girls. And almost automatically, boys don’t like them. But for the adult builders, they have lots of possibilities, because of their flexibility and better proportions. In my opinion, it is almost a shame that the newer ones has rigid arms and feet, but undoubtedly this is due to cheaper production costs. What a pity.

My greatest wish; Belville scaled knights, soldiers, and so on. ...With all movable limbs...

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact