 Aquazone / 566
Re: I'm Captain Nemo...(teaser)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.disney
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 00:51:01 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Paul Hanson writes:
Hey Joe -

I like this a lot! You've captured a very distinctive shape in all of her
Victorian glory. The brown look great (and was - as someone else said - a
brave choice)

I once contemplated building a Nautilus myself, but more true to the
description in the book - which is quite a bit different from the Disney
version that you've modeled. That dream didn't last too long once I fiured
out that a scale model would be over 7 feet long  :-/

My version is about 3 feet long. And it's taken over my work table. As to
scale, it's about minifig sacle..I say about because the interior is a little
too small for the minifigs.

But researching that project I found this very cool site:
http://home.att.net/~karen.crisafulli/nautilus.html

...which may be helpful as you work on the interior.

I took a look at that really cool site. Neat info. I have also looked at other
sites for info...there are definitely grey areas in the deck plans. I also have
a motor to work around:)

Looking forward to seeing that  :-)

- Paul

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it too:)!

Joe Meno