 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 945
Major Debut: Part I
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 01:27:59 GMT

Hey Y'all,

During four months of lurking I read some here, posted some there, but that
was about it.  Now, after a frenzied two-week long marathon of building,
brainstorming, building, sorting, building, re-sorting and more building, I
have decided to reveal myself.

<AUDIANCE GASPS>

My first MOC is the N.R.C.A. Atlantis.

This type of ship was "da-thing" in the Late Gaarluum Wars (2191 CE to 2219
CE).  The Terrans (Earthling sounds way to wimpy) were just about to be
squashed completely when the engineer Marcus McLeigh presented the Terran
Space Exploration Corporation, Terran Homeplanet Defense Committee and the
Terran Military Assault Craft Committee his plans for the ship that might
just win the war.  The first ship to be built was the N.R.C.A. Atlantis.
The innovative design had been 'borrowed' from the enemy's own ships; built
out of Tryllium steel and powered by a P-14 L'Garber PowFusion Eon Drive,
the Atlantis is armed with two Dingle & Howell X-12.3 sniper rifles, two
G-Power ARGER ion particle cannons, and a Grizzly K-22 "Big Momma" quantum
torpedo cannon.
The ship was also equipped with a D-JAK 333 Particle Shield and powerful
sensor array equipment.  The Atlantis needed a crew of five:  a Pilot, a
Navigator, a Gunner and two co-Gunners.  The Atlantis had three other sister
ships: the Richard Daring, Alexandria and Olympia. The Atlantis was
destroyed by enemy fire during one of its final missions in 2218 CE.

Overall picture.

The nose helps balance the rest of the craft.  It is also where the shield
generator is located.

Main fuel tank.

The gunner is seats in the chair and remotely controls the ion particle
cannons and the quantum torpedo cannon.  The two co-gunners manually control
the two sniper rifles.

The pilot is located at the very rear of the vehicle, nestled between the wings.

The quantum torpedo cannon.  An additional fuel tank on the opposite side
helps redistribute the weight.

More pictures:

BUILDING NOTES:
The Atlantis was based upon a old creation I had made before I had sorted my
LEGO.  The shape was inspired by those weird fish-ships in the Disney movie
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire", hence the name of the ship.  Of course the
Republic Gunship influenced the shape of the wings, and, yes, watching Star
Trek episodes as much as I can rubs off on to my models.  ;-)

Please LMKWYT and don't be afraid to criticize!

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO