 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 757
  Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

I couldn't resist the urge to build something tiny (thanks for the inspiration, Joel and Greg). Here's Ben Quadrinaros' 4 engine pod in mini form. Enjoy! (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

(...) I've gotten quite a lot of dkred pieces from various SW sets, but none of those yet, I don't think. Wait, did the Republic Gunship have them? .. nevermind, if that's it. I suggested a Chrysler Building on build.arch, and it was built. And now (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

<<snip>> (...) (URL) Jedi Duel (URL) regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

(...) They're not dark red, just regular red. The pod is almost entirely red and dark gray. Must be the lighting that's confusing you. (...) I don't think it works that way. Maybe if you suggested someone build you a miniscale AT-TE, you might get (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

(...) It may be that, the lighting, and also the dark gray, perhaps. So used to seeing red with light gray in a lot of SW sets, maybe the darkness of the dark gray is "bleeding" off onto the red to my eye. (...) Might get pictures of it, but one in (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

Adrian, Thanks for the kind words, and for the reference on your site. Excellent work on the pod! I had actually spent a bit of time thinking about how to do that particular pod, but I wasn't coming up with any ideas for the energy couplings. Keep (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

(...) Yeah, that was by far the toughest thing to get on this construction. I swear I stared at those two light saber blades for what seemed like an eternity (okay, maybe half an hour) until I came up with that solution. Originally it was going to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod

(...) Too bad there's no X shaped blade. heh (...) I can think of a few others vaguely, but none are as cool as Quadrinaros and Sebulba's pods. The ol' PC game Pod Racer had them all, AFAICR. -Greg "Fox" Cook (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)