 Star Wars / 15134
Re: Ask and thou shalt receive: Ben's minipod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:53:42 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
Adrian,
Thanks for the kind words, and for the reference on your site.
Excellent work on the pod!  I had actually spent a bit of time thinking
about how to do that particular pod, but I wasn't coming up with any ideas
for the energy couplings.
Keep building...

Yeah, that was by far the toughest thing to get on this construction.  I
swear I stared at those two light saber blades for what seemed like an
eternity (okay, maybe half an hour) until I came up with that solution.
Originally it was going to be rubber bands, but that just didn't seem that
elegent.

What's the next mini pod racer going to be?  :)

Oh, if I get the chance, I might ldraw this so that you can add it to your
minipodracer render.  That ought to look pretty cool.

Adrian

In lugnet.starwars, Adrian Drake writes:
I couldn't resist the urge to build something tiny (thanks for the
inspiration, Joel and Greg).  Here's Ben Quadrinaros' 4 engine pod in mini
form.  Enjoy!

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/space_benspod.html

Adrian
--