 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4175
  Good News, Everyone!

(URL) Welcome to the Planet Express! I'm sure your stay, like so many of our esteemed crew before you, will be full of adventure, excitement, and er, brevity. Allow me to show you about the place. (URL) First off, my name is Professor Hubert J. (...) (16 years ago, 23-Mar-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

Splendid work, Matt! Your character designs are absolutely gorgeous. The store is going to have to fend off quite a few requests for Futurama sets. (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

Nice models. Who is the darth maul head in the jar supposed to represent? (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

Darn you! Darn you to heck! You know, for actually finishing a minifig-scale Futurama MOC before I even got started on the one I've been intending to make someday. Though, to be fair, I would have had a 6" tall Bender completed by now except that (...) (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

That looks very nice! If it ever becomes an actual Lego set I'd buy it. Have you ever considered building a model of New New York? (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

Oi.. site went down due to overload. Some fool on Digg linked directly to the site. Site was only a day old... *sniff* Until I can get the site back up, there is a very nice post on Gizmodo that grabbed most of the images: Gizmodo: (URL) Digg: (URL) (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

Hey Matt, Just wanted to pop by here and rave a little more about this MOC. I really love the sort of old-school sculpting on the dome. The fact that not everything is to scale makes perfect sense as very few Lego sets are so precise. The decals (...) (16 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

(...) Congratulations on a job that will probably at some unknown time in the future be well done! (16 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

(...) Puny Earthican Matt DeLanoy, Mwwahahahaha! Morbo laughs heartily upon viewing your Futurama MOC. My good friend and President of the World, the head of Richard Nixon, agrees that that this deserves to be spotlighted. Seeerriously Matt, awesome (...) (16 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

Great job Matt! I always wondered how someone would pull off creating the Planet Express ship in LEGO and you did a great job of it. I love all the characters too, I agree with the others that this would make a awesome LEGO set...I'm sure the LEGO (...) (16 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

Whee! What a great MOC! So fully realized, so fun to look at from afar and right down to every last detail. Your dedication to getting each nuance just right really pays off. The duplication of the architecture of the Planet Express Headquarters is (...) (16 years ago, 27-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

(...) I've heard they've gotten quite a few questions that already! Unfortunately they took away Bender's liquor bottles to make it a 'family friendly' display. ;) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

(...) I think I might eventually do a 'Nixon' head for the jar, but in the meantime I just wanted a recognizable face there. He's representing himself. :) One bad part about that jar is that if you put a standard minifig male hair piece on a head, (...) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

(...) Well, up until now I haven't really been much of a building builder (I never know quite how to put that...). Ships and vehicles are more my thing. Also, there's not much else in New New York that's as recognizable as the P.E. Building. I might (...) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

(...) Oh yeah - scale is WAY off, here. If you ever watch the cartoon closely, you'll see that the building is actually quite big. If I were to build this 'minifig' size, it would probably be around 3 feet tall (I haven't worked out the details). (...) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

(...) Nixon would need a giant killer warbot body to be delicately perched atop. For my Moonbase pool module, I put Groening's head in a jar, with several owls looking directly at him. BTW, your MOC needs more owls. (...) That's actually the great (...) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Good News, Everyone!

All glory to hypnotoad! If there was any glory not due to hypnotoad, I would praise this. All glory to hypnotoad! (16 years ago, 30-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, FTX)