 Space / 41323
Re: Good News, Everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:59:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matt DeLanoy wrote:
I think I might eventually do a 'Nixon' head for the jar, but in the
meantime I just wanted a recognizable face there. He's representing
himself. :)

Nixon would need a giant killer warbot body to be delicately perched atop.  For
my Moonbase pool module, I put Groening's head in a jar, with several owls
looking directly at him.  BTW, your MOC needs more owls.

One bad part about that jar is that if you put a standard minifig male hair
piece on a head, it scrapes the sides. :(

That's actually the great part, because it means you can use those pieces as
bubble helmets on anyone wearing either standard male or shoulder-length female
hair.  The bad part is that doing a male head-in-a-jar forces the head up a
little higher into the tapered sides.  I just checked the Groening head, and
there are stress cracks starting at the corners of the stud notches on the base.
None of the bubble helmets on any of the free-standing minifigs appear to have
problems, though.