 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4175
4174  |  4176
Subject:
Good News, Everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:57:05 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Welcome to the Planet Express! I’m sure your stay, like so many of our esteemed crew before you, will be full of adventure, excitement, and er, brevity. Allow me to show you about the place.

First off, my name is Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth. I’m the owner of this company, which I use as a front for my mad experiments. Mad? MAD? Oh, I’ll show them who’s mad...

Wha..? The doors must be locked. Er, no matter - it’s a fine day and the crew is outside. Would you like to meet them? No? Well, too bad!

Here is Hermes Conrad. He manages my delivery business, pays the bills, notifies next of kin, er, what have you.

This is our intern, Amy Wong. She’s an engineering student of mine. I like having her around because she has the same blood type as me. She often hangs out with her boyfriend, Kif.

Err... I don’t know who this is.

Now, er, before you go into space you’ll need to see our staff doctor, Zoidberg. I should warn you, though, he’s ahh, a little unusual - he wears sandals. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.

For your missions, you’ll be on board the Planet Express Ship. She’s the fastest ship in the gal... er.. worl... hmmm. Eh, she does all right.

Captain Leela is our pilot, when she’s not fending off advances from Zapp Branigan. Her strange little pet Nibbler is the source of our ship’s fuel. It’s.. best not to ask.

Ah, to be young again. And also a robot. With his super bending arms, Bender is our company’s strongest shiny metal asset.

You may have noticed my small incidental revenue plans, here and there. You just can’t go wrong with advertising! We also have a booth that charges people a paltry twenty-five cents. And, oh, it seems Fry is about to spend his paycheck. It all comes back to me, you see!

Well, that about wraps it up. I’m sure you’ll fit in just fine here... what’s that you say? You want to borrow what? A quarter?

Why, whatever for?

A few notes from the designer:

I’d be remiss if I didn’t thank Jared ‘Kaminoan’ for his help with my character designs. The artwork is my own, but I deferred to his expertise for making the waterslide decals. If you’re wondering why the booth only has a ‘25c’ sticker on it, it is because I show this off to audiences all year round. Those that are in on the joke will laugh, and the kids will be blissfully unaware.

Currently, until mid-to-late April 2008, this display can be seen in all its glory at the Lego Store at the Northbrook Court mall in Northbrook, IL. It will next be seen in the NILTC layout at Brickworld 2008.

To see many more pics, including close-ups of each and every character, please check out my gallery.