 Space / 41322
Re: Good News, Everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Simmons wrote:
   Hey Matt,

Just wanted to pop by here and rave a little more about this MOC. I really love the sort of old-school sculpting on the dome. The fact that not everything is to scale makes perfect sense as very few Lego sets are so precise.

Dave S.

Oh yeah - scale is WAY off, here. If you ever watch the cartoon closely, you’ll see that the building is actually quite big. If I were to build this ‘minifig’ size, it would probably be around 3 feet tall (I haven’t worked out the details). Even as it is now, the ship is actually too large to be in scale with the building! Like you said, though, this works just fine with Lego - it’s more the look of the thing then accuracy. I kept that in mind to keep me from going insane as I was trying to work everything out. :)