 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4155
  Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

Maryland & Pennsylvania NW2 Diesel Switcher #81 (URL) Originally formed in 1901 from several narrow gauge lines, the now standard gauge Maryland & Pennsylvania RR railroad (Ma & Pa to its fans) traced a meandering seventy-seven mile route to connect (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

Nice work Cale. The extra detail of the engine really sets it off, probably because of the contrast between black and grey. It has more than likely been answered here many times before but how did you make the decals? (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Cale, I love it. Lots of delicious detail. I really like the grill work on the front of the hood. Thanks for the associated history of the switcher. It helps bring this MOC into life. -Jeramy (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Thanks Diesels are typically pretty plain so getting details to stand out on them can be a challenge. And I love learning about the history of what I model. And the Ma & Pa (witch being from York PA. is my home town RR) has a great story to (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Thanks And the contrast certainly helps. (...) For the decals I started out by creating the art work in MS paint. Paint is simple to use and I don't have access to any of the high end graphics programs. Then used MS word to create a decal (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR NW2 Diesel Switcher #81

(...) Okay, so I was just scrolling down through the images and thinking to myself, "hum, nice interpretation of an nw/sw switcher" until I saw what you have under the hood. Wow! It is hard enough getting the right detail on the outside of a 4-8 (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)