 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3758
3757  |  3759
Subject:
New Train MOCs in 8mm scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 22:43:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Here's an update on the Train MOCs I've built recently.

Finally completed the British Class 14 Diesel loco with BBB wheels and extending
rods.  Added the green grille tiles too:

Upgraded piece of ballasted track, with AWS magnet (UK train stopping and driver
alertness device) using cheeses for better shape:

Scenic module with pneumatically-driven switch point:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2288226  Ballast completed on
the point itself, just the part at the side of the track and on the straight
track to finish off.

Lots of new track furniture:

Point blade heater cubicles, seen in the UK at Pitlochry station (Scotland):

My point motor mechanism for wide trains in a fiddle yard has been upgraded so
that the motor fits round the stanchions.  71427, 43362 of 47154 motors will all
work well here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=230517 (first 2
pics).

Working rotating shunting signal based on British prototype:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=230229  The mechanism uses a
minifig lever for the lever link and the signal is actuated via a flex rod.

Simple milepost (2 pics): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=117013
If anyone can do 4 scale miles of LEGO track in order to need numbers 21-24,
that would be a decent museum layout!

Please let me know if there's anything there that inspires you.

Mark