 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3601
3600  |  3602
Subject:
Manchester Diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:24:45 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

I’ve finally decided to finally post pictures of my little home diorama that I’ve been making on-and-(mostly)off for the last three or so years. It’s based loosely on the Northern Quarter and Salford areas in Manchester and is arranged to show the city at night.

BS

Flickr

The diorama is 80x80 studs and includes one modded part (a new paintjob).

A lot of the diorama is really showing its age and it’s sort of an experiment in various techniques. I have a new idea in mind for my next one that I hope can be made much better.

While any suggestions are unlikely to be incorporated in this version I’d love to hear how you think this could be improved as I’d like ideas of what works and what doesn’t for my next one.

Tim

PS. If there’s anything you’d like closeups of just let me know and I’ll take some photos.

PPS. This was heavily influenced by the techniques and ideas in Sean Kenney’s wonderful work “the Brick Apple”. If I could build that well I’d be a happier man.