 Town / 9179
Re: Manchester Diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:52:38 GMT

I’ll use this post to thank everyone. The guns were one of my favourite details too. I keep getting the “guns into farm tools” motto in my head when I see them.

In lugnet.town, Tim David wrote:
   I like the eye-level photography, it always gives more of an impression of ‘being there’. The

Thanks.

   grey wall through the railway bridge gives a good backscene without being a complicated build.

Earlier versions didn’t have the wall and it was pretty obvious there was a house wall through there. The fence sort of closed off the shot.

   Whats behind the curved blue fence down the alley?

A small building site. It’s very undetailed though, just enough to peek out in out-of-focus shots.

   Any chance of a shot down thealley between the viduact and the side of the building too?

It’s very unattractive in there. Most of the buildings only have walls where neccesary and I decided that the alley was unlikely to be photographed so left the back walls off.

   Its a pity the tower block isn’t visible above the roofs in the street level shots, e.g. poking above the train in this shot, possibly something to think about when placing the building in your next dio? Tim

I’m not sure what happened. In some of the WIP shots it’s visible but somehow it seems to have gone in these final ones. Probably the placement of the DMU has changed and blocked it. It probably won’t be a problem in the next diorama as any backdrop I try will likely be of a very different style.

Tim