 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3476
3475  |  3477
Subject:
F-16N Viper MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:12:58 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A few weeks ago Ryan Parrish introduced his new F-16 Fighting Falcon MOC to
lugnet: http://news.lugnet.com/build/military/?n=2252
We had a bit of a discussion about it, in which I announced that I too had plans
to build an F-16 as well. Guess what? It is finished and can be seen on:
I would have liked to build it in the colour schema common to most F-16s, that
is dark grey on top and lighter gray on the bottom. However, sadly I didn't have
enough parts to do that, and since I am a bit of a fan of navy aircraft anyway,
I decided to build a camouflaged U.S. Navy F-16N instead. A total of 26 of these
aircraft were used as adversaries in air combat excercises by the U.S. Navy
Fighter Weapons School (a.k.a Topgun) as well as a number of other adversary
units between 1986 and 1994. They were basically F-16Cs stripped of their gun
and other weapons systems, and fitted with a lighter radar.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Ralph