 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3454
    Canal Street —Jonathan Lopes
   In addition to meeting lots of builders I admire and getting tons of inspiration to build, my trip to NMRA in Philly enabled me to pick-up the bricks I needed to complete this street on my layout. (URL) It is supposed to replicate a busy industrial (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

        Re: Canal Street —Leigh Holcombe
     (...) Uh, are those hookers? :D Very nice work. I love the contouring of the dumptruck. And the use of 1x1 tiles on the corners of the yellow building to simulate shoddy/rotting brickwork is brilliant. Again, very nice work. (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)

         Re: Canal Street —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Thanks very much. I really would have liked the tiles to me light yellow as well, but to my knowledge they are not available. I then was going to use dark bley (because I had them) but I thought they'd be to dark. I ended up with the light (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Canal Street —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Jonathan, I'm loving the car repair shop with the hotrod just poking out. I have a little suggestion though, I think it could look quite good if you raised a 1x2 tile on the road every so often. Need not be a full plate either but I think (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)

         Re: Canal Street —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Hi Tim, Thanks and thanks again for directing me to that link. I am thrilled with the light yellow building, but think I need to revisit the dark red one. You know, your suggestion on the roads is right on the money. I am a little annoyed with (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Canal Street —Chris Leach
   (...) John,Great looking new street..I like the El(it reminds me of mine:-) ).The dinner looks good in those colors along with the neat gabage truck.Of course the dark red building looks good.On a side note it was great meeting you theis past (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Canal Street —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Hi Chris, Likewise, it was very nice meeting you and talking with you as well. Thanks very much for taking the time to walk me through the club layout. Thanks for the reply too. I like the dark red building, but think it needs more detail. The (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Canal Street —Timothy D. Freshly
    "Jonathan Lopes" <juanito11217@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:J28psF.AIq@lugnet.com... (...) [SNIP] (...) Jonathan: One idea to add some detail to your dark red building - add some exterior lighting. Maybe a light fixture over each garage door (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Canal Street —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Hi Tim, Thanks very much for the suggestion. Absolutely a great idea. I think what happened when I built the dark red building is that as I was building I realized that I wasn't really in love with the way it was going to come out and kind of (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jul-06, to lugnet.town)