 Town / 9013
Re: Canal Street
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:56:32 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
In addition to meeting lots of builders I admire and getting tons of inspiration
to build, my trip to NMRA in Philly enabled me to pick-up the bricks I needed to
complete this street on my layout.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=193311>

It is supposed to replicate a busy industrial street with trucks being loaded
and unloaded and such.  There is also the light yellow car repair ship that Tim
Gould pointed out to me from a model train layout here:

<http://www.vestaldesign.com/projects/modelrr/photos-640/12.jpg>

The street itself was something I had wanted to do for a while . . . a paving
stone (cobble stone) look.  I was fortunate enough to run into the right qty of
1x2 dark bley tiles at a low enough cost to make it less expensively than if I
had used dark grey 1x4 bricks as I have on my other roads.

The opposite side of the street will be an industrial canal.

Comments, thoughts, ideas, always welcome!

John,Great looking new street..I like the El(it reminds me of mine:-)  ).The
dinner looks good in those colors along with the neat gabage truck.Of course the
dark red building looks good.On a side note it was great meeting you theis past
weekend and of course thatnks for the insperation for the brown,red/redbrown
train shed.Chris MichLTC
Jonathan